Thursday, May 20, 2010

I knew I wouldn't forget you, and so I went and let you blow my mind...



Love is... the reason we're here on earth! ;) Somebody once told me, to write well, you need to write what you know and this is what I know. I'm 25 years old this year and I've never been in love. I can tell you any love stories in the whole wide world based on movies I've watched and stories I've read, I can tell you what people had told me - they're on cloud nine, they're walking on water, and I can tell you anything you wanted to know but on love I have zero. Nothing to talk about, maybe there were few crushes and likes and things like that but no love, I don't think so.

And then I remembered writing something on love, 10 years ago. I was forced by my English teacher to write anything on love 'cause at that time he thought I wasn't being open up ENOUGH and things like that - bricks by bricks. I still kept the original essay and here it goes. Enjoy ;)

---
Love~

I don't really believe in love. I usually look at love as heartless, heart-rending, heartache, heartbreak or something which is a waste of time. But sometimes, somehow I just can't stop myself believing that love is serendipity. I agree that love has something to do with fate and destiny. I totally disagree that you have to go out to find your true love because when the day finally comes you will know that she or he is the one you've been waiting for. She or he is the one you want to be with for the rest of your life, forever and ever. But to get to that day that everyone has been waiting for, first you have to have faith in fate and destiny. I always believe that there's someone very special out there just for me in case he's still available, not Alicia's favourite guy and definitely not Marion's steady boyfriend nor any girls' precious husband. Is there really someone out there for me? Are we really meant to be together? Do I really have a soulmate? Or you're telling me that all I believe or hope or wish for is just a fantasy or a fairy tale just to cheer me up.

As a teenager, first thing that pops into my head about love is relationship between male and female, boyfriend and girlfriend. At this age you start to have a strange feeling towards the opposite sex. That's not all because love is universal. Everything in this entire planet is involved in love and of course human beings inclusive. Love grows among fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, cousins, grandmas and grandpas in a family. A person who has so much love for animals is called a pet-lover. Their pet will always be their best companion. Nature is always a part of us. A nature lover will always ensure that the environment is protected. Can you imagine what the world would be like without any country? As a citizen we should have love for our own country. A patriotic person always shows love of one's country. Love also grows between husband and wife. Without them we're not suppose to be here. Love for your teachers doesn't mean that you're in love with them because you're attracted to them. It is to show appreciation for being such a dedicated teacher. Not forgetting love for a friend that is always there for you. Love is friendship.

What is love all about? Love is a strong feeling or emotion of deep affection for somebody or something, says the Oxford Dictionary. Love is also not a bed of roses, somebody always gets hurt. It is either you're the one who gets hurt or the other side gets hurt because of you. It is a very common situation but depending on the individual how they deal with heartbreaks. Have you heard? It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone but it takes a lifetime to forget someone. Well, this is life! To fear love is to fear life and those who fear life are already three parts dead. So when your hearts not in it, just please don't try to fake what you don't feel. Calf love also known as puppy love is a crush on somebody you like when you're in high school. This is the first time when you experience something new, something interesting. This is also the first time you get to know life better.

There's no place that far that love cannot reach. When it comes to liking someone, love knows no bound. Have you seen a Malaysian married to a German and still they live happily ever after? Of course they click on account of true love. Love is blind. No matter what age you are, how awful you look, what language you speak and how smart your I.Q are, is no longer a problem to love. When you're attracted to someone, beauty is not a concern. Nowadays people go for intellectual, less for sexual. Love exists when there's pity and concern for somebody or something. Cats for example. Everyone's looking for that something, that something is love, integrity and understanding, something that makes it all complete.

True love happens when you're willing to sacrifice for your love one. It is like a prince charming saving a lovely princess. You're willing to share everything, willing to tolerate, to criticize and able to change for good. Never say 'I love you', if you don't really care, Never talk of feelings, if they aren't really there. Never hold my hand, if you mean to break my heart, never say forever, if you ever plan to part, never look into my eyes, if you're telling me a lie, never say hello, if you think you'll say goodbye, never say I'm the one, if you dream of more than me, never lock up my heart, if you don't have the key. These phrases show how important true love is to me, to you and to everyone.

Everyone needs love. Love is something you share with others. If love's not that important, why is there one day or special day to celebrate love especially on Valentine's Day? War starts when there's no love. Love will make you happier and not too lonely. Love teaches you about ups and downs in life, to be more mature. Love makes you a better person. Love is not only by saying "I love you", it is showing how much you care about someone for example helping your mother in the kitchen. Remember there's no greater love than a mother's love. A really simple line can make you laugh or cry.

It is therefore understandable when one says, life with love is full of thorns and life without love has no roses. It's a fact that you have to deal with and face it. Each and everyone of you will experience love no matter how rough or good it will turn out to be. So there you are, love while you still can before the fire of life is shuffled out of you and when remorse and regret is of no consequence anymore. Confess, confess what's there to lose. When pride and ego's forsaken, you might never know, he might love you too. She or he, might feel the same way for you.

Written by,
NHC
(Ex-5 Budiman)
---

As I grew older, I guess that love waits for no man and as for that you just cannot sit and wonder where the hell is he or she, you really need to go out there and start looking and searching for the one. God knows, he might be in front of you, he or she might be your best buddy, your ex-schoolmate or some random guys working at your office. Gee, if you love somebody, set him or her free because if he comes back, he's yours and if he doesn't, he never was~

Cheers!

7 comments:

amacatlover said...

beautifully written! diha masih ingt karangan itu =)

Nurhazel said...

likey~~ :P
*budget cam FB dah hah.. *

dream_catcher said...

Diha: Yep, hihi karangan ituuuu....masih ku simpan lg cewah...

Aesther: thank you likey ;)

dream_catcher said...

Mr.lonely: thanks for your comment. will check out your blog pretty soon. follow my blog too if you're interested ;)

molliesa said...

cewah!!!!! boleh tahan....=)

dream_catcher said...

molie: ;)

namasayatihah said...

hiddy!!so true...just let him lose...if he comes back..he is meant for us right??just b happy with what we have now...;)