Thursday, September 30, 2010

Letters to Juliet

Letters to Juliet. I did not see this film at an early screening but I managed to see it eventually and I find it very adorable and with many laughs to be had as well. Totally unexpected. The scenery of Italy in this story is very breathtaking. It just made you want to hop on a plane and be there at once. In this romance, located in Verona, Italy lies the beautiful city where Romeo first met Juliet - there is a place where the heartbroken leave notes asking Juliet for help.

People of the world gathered around to stick notes on the wall asking for Juliet's help. Some were crying, some were very devastating and most of them were mostly heartbroken and needed an asnwer, only an answer to whether move on with their love lives or stick to whatever obstacles they went through. some probably needed a YES or a NO as an encouragement or a comfort. but to Claire, she wrote a letter to Juliet 50 years ago but did not get a single answer.

50 years later, Sophie, a young girl found Claire's letter in between the walls and decided to answer the letter that later on turning things up side down. What I like about the letter Sophie wrote to Claire is this bit -

" What and If are two words as non-threathening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life? What if? What if? What if? "

Those are the words that Sophie wrote to Claire and made her flew back to Italy to find her true love that eventually will change her life completely. She also said that she doesn't know how Claire's story ended but if it's true love back then, it's never too late. All you need is a courage to follow your heart. It's easy said than done, I know, but I know one thing's for sure that love is love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it one day, I have the courage to seize it.

I will guarantee that after seeing this movie, you will remember your own love story and or hoping your own love story to come.

If I had the chance to travel to Italy, I'd write a letter to Juliet asking "Is he..is he..is he..the one for me, where are you now?"

No comments: