Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ask Mom

 
source: images.google.com.my

I don't know why am I writing this, and I really don't think it's relevant enuff since it's weekend but yeh who cares! I need an update!

During my UPM days, me and a close friend, Sally used to ask one question, actually the same old question over and over again. The one and only, specific-ultimate-question that I think by now if I were to ask the same old question over and over again I'd slap myself real hard this time. and I ain't kidding about it. The ultimate question would be : Why Do I Have To Go To School? We would ask each other during the ride in the bus on the way to the class, we would also ask that question during the class itself with the look "Really, why do I have to study again?", and we would ask that same old question after the class ended, and yeh we would ask that question during the time we had to finish our assignments/tests/you name it, sometimes we do text each other asking the same old question, at lunch or when we were having dinner, we would normally ask the same question also. oh! and not forgetting breakfast and brunch. That question would normally popped up! 

But by now, I do think I know the answer to that ultimate question. At least I know how important going to school is/was, at least in Malaysia. I'm not saying that studying will ensure your future, and I'm not saying it will make it brighter or darker but I'm pretty sure that it will help you, surviving in this world called Life. Well, actually studying is subjective, you get the picture? Well, at least SPM, if you're Malaysians.

Well, as I grow older, the same old question pops up again but in different version. This time, the question would be; Why Do I Have To Go To Work? Everywhere in this world if I were to go and ask that question, I reckon, I will get the same answer. What do you think that answer is? is it for enjoyment, to keep busy or? Well if you say Money, you are absolutely right. But the answer is wrong eventho it reflects the belief of the rest of the world.

Urm, so how does it work? Let's give it a try. You go to work to make money, correct? You need money to fulfill your lifestyles. You need home, car, basic necessities. Bottom line, you make money to fulfill your needs. What if by this time, you already met your basic needs, what's next? So you stop going to work? lazying around? or you still go to work to fulfill your dreams and desires? Everyone by now should at least have a dream. once you realize it, then work is nothing but a stepping stone to help you where you wanna go. The question would be, do you know at least, where you wanna go? and do you know what your dreams are? 

It might take awhile to realize a dream. Think back to a dream once you had. First, decide where you wanna go and make it happen. but to live that dream, you had to pay a price and guess what, the price would have been going to work. 

Please remember, dreams do come true ;)

Along that way, you'll come across some really nice people that will help you thru your way but sometimes, you'll come across some really not-so-nice people that will always bring you down no matter what. just remember these things will always make you stronger and God will always there for you no matter what also. 

Oh! writing this, take me to a song.



Life is a climb but the view is great!

oh! Some say, work is like monkeys climbing a tree, everyone's climbing at diff level at diff time, the ones at the top looked down and see smiling faces, the ones at the bottom looked up and all they can see were assholes.

I slept and dreamed that life was beauty, I woke and found that life was duty! Indeed, life is beauty ;)

Cheers!

Inspired by, Bob Urichuck, an international speaker.

2 comments:

Big Chocosis said...

wahh..sgt inspirational..i mean the songs..hahaha~

asal hid ko bengang ngan candidate yg xleh lepas part..tell me about yourself ek..huuu~

dream_catcher said...

bluek! tgh emo-emo punk lagu the climb lahhhh~huhuhuhuhuhuhu.