Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's never too late for a second chance

Nights in Rodanthe. One of the stories written by Nicholas Sparks. Nazren asked me to watch it but it gave me goose bump whenever I read the taglines: It's never too late for a second chance. I've never believe in second chance, even though, my whole life, I've been given second chances too many times.  Well, perhaps I don't believe it when it comes to love. Hati dan perasaan tak boleh buat main. Yes, people make mistakes, but you don't go ditch the good ones, and have fun with others and out of the blue, knock on the good ones' door and say things like hye! I'm ready to commit. that's simply bullshit.

so Yesterday I have the courage to watch it after he nags me to watch. The story goes something like this: there's this woman with her life in chaos called Adrienne, once an artist, has 2 children and an ex-husband who left her about 7 months ago and now who has asked to come home with him. she retreats to the tiny coastal town of Rodanthe, to tend to a friend's inn for a weekend where she meets Dr. Paul, the only guest in the inn, divorced with 1 son and has to face his own crisis of conscience. It will then change to one magical weekend that will change the rest of their lives.

A week later, she came home and said No to the husband, while Dr. Paul, is his own self again, not in regrets and leading a happy life. Yes, they do keep in touch trough letters and decided on one night to meet. She prepared everything for that night when he did not show up. Yes, she waited forever for him to appear in front of her door but later that morning, a knock on her door, standing there, Dr. Paul's son. He came to tell her that, his dad died in the storm one night, but he wanted to thank the woman who has save his dad's live, saving each other's lives, and bringing back his old dad.

of course, she is devastated to hear the news. but she comes to her sense, even though he's dead, but their loves never die. I like the part where she told her daughter about him, this is what she told her:

"Ok, while your father and I were apart, I've met a man, I know you've only known your father and me, and I love your father, because he is your father but there's another kind of love, that gives you the courage to be better than you are, not less than you are, one that makes you feel, everything is possible, and I want you to know, that you can have that, I want you to hold up for it, I want you to know that you deserve it, you hear me?"

that's my favorite part of the movie. Indeed, she is a strong woman. Nazren, thank you for asking me to watch it. :) Let's go watch Message in a bottle pulak :P

No comments: