Saturday, August 27, 2011

Why do you want to be a lecturer?

"Why do you want to be a lecturer?" asked the interviewer

I knew they'd ask me that sort of question, and I think I know the answer to that question at the back of my head, yes I know it very well but...

*blank

"Why do you want to be a lecturer, my dear? why are you here at the first place?"

I looked at a piece of paper I'm holding, I've scribbled some points I googled from last night, 10 points on why do you want to be a lecturer, 10 good points altogether. I smiled, I could just said, because I wanted to be a part of educating the society..then I feel, it's more than that, I put aside the piece of paper, but why then? why lecturing? because my dad once a lecturer? yes and no, my dad can be a big influence on me but  that is not the main reason for me to be a lecturer. urm then what? because of the money they paid you? I don't think so, money isn't everything...not really...

then I said, "Can I tell you guys a story?"

A story?

I've ignored the question and told them the whole story anyways.

When I was in standard 6, when everyone my age has to take UPSR (Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah), Well it was really a HUGE thing at the mo'. and when the school is worried about the passing percentage of the overall students, there were a few students who were really struggle with their studies especially with Maths and Science. and one fine day, the teacher called me and some of the students to teach after school and it wasn't a big deal for me because I live near by. We were assign to a student each and after school we have to teach them Maths and Science and at the end of the week, we have to report it to the respective teachers.

At the end of the task, our school did get what they want, everyone passed and not even a single person failed Maths and Science in UPSR, alhamdulillah :)

At that age, I thought I was only teaching Maths and Science to the student, I thought I was only helping the school with the percentage, and I thought I was only teaching 1 plus 1 equal to 2 but I was wrong until I met the student at one of our friend's wedding, one fine day. The student came up to me, and hugged me, I was surprised. She showed me her family, she's married with 2 kids at the moment.

"Hidayah, this is my family, and this is my kids, I'm doing just fine with my life right now, and all thanks to you :)"

"I'd probably didn't ended up being a doctor, being an engineer, nor even a businesswoman but I manage to jadi orang eventually and thanks to you, thanks for teaching me 1 plus 1 is 2"

I looked at her and smiled, I looked at her one happy family, even I don't have 2 kids right now, and I know exactly what she meant

...and that is why I wanted to be a lecturer at the first place.

thanks to her :)

...and and and the rest is history :P
---
Alhamdulillah, Allah granted my wish, Allah answers prayers :)

I could not thank Allah for everything Allah took, give and replace in my life. For I know Allah is the best planner.

Cantiknya aturan Allah untukku. Thank you Allah for everything You've given me :)

Thank you my family(daddy, mama, along, abg remy, abg, leesa, reyhal, angah, abg azhar, alya, atie and wanie), cousins and friends (you know who you are) untuk tidak putus putus mendoakan diri ini. Moga Allah granted Jannah for all of you :)

You, (whoever you are), I know you did pray for me last April when I attended the interview and I know you always do, thank you :)

If this is the best for me, for my Agama iaitu Islam, for my country and the people in it, insyaAllah it will be good :)

Make me a better Muslim and seorang yang bersyukur kepadaMu, Ya Rabb :)

Probably the best Hari Raya present from Allah, Thank you :)
Saya budak baru belajar, kalau salah tolong tunjukkan :)
If this is written for me, insyaAllah I will do my best!
Mari Mulakan Hidup Baru! :P

No comments: