Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Land Before Time

I always love traveling. Berkelana di bumi Allah. Probably people would relate traveling as vacation, peace of mind, or perhaps running away for a while from your so called life. I used to think that way, when I have problems I don't intend to solve it, I would really like to go somewhere else for awhile, just for a peace of mind. but now I know that the truth hurts only if you run away from it. I reckon that, you could travel the world but you cannot run away from what's inside your heart. In my case, "What a small world" describes me well. normally where ever I go, I'd meet people who is related to a thing, a place, a person I know or I used to know. Everything would revolve around my small world :)

Alhamdulillah, God's will, on the 6-8th of July, me and my cousin went to Belum Forest, Pulau Banding, Gerik, Perak. It was actually a dream come true because I always wanted to go there and enjoy the forest.

Besides, reciting the Quran, for the peace of mind I reckon you either enjoying the environment or helping strangers. and I am so grateful I've got the chance to do either of that last week :)
---

I've learnt a lot from the Emkay's Green Ranger Movement Convention. One of it was that through education we can educate our youngsters to love our forest. education here doesn't mean, one to one communication, doesn't mean either teaching in classes, you really need to go out to the forest to be able to love and appreciate it. Forest doesn't mean DANGER at all. and letting our youngsters even the old ones to enjoy the forest is the best place ever and it was like heaven on earth.

There, in the forest, you can learn where your water source came from, why we need to preserve our natural resources and why the forest is so important to us in the present and also the future. One day, if we destroy our forest, human will be extinct too and I don't think any of us would love that to happen. so each and everyone of us played an important role in educating people to love our forest.

The best part of the convention was we were able to go into the forest and enjoy the scenery. Subhanallah. The water is forever ph 7 and the clean air and the flora and fauna surrounded and even the native people in the forest and.. yeh! we didn't get to see Mr. Elephant but we can see some foot prints along Sungai Enam. Unfortunately, due to some time constraint, we did not get the chance to go and see the waterfalls.

If you were to ask, I'd say this whole thing "it brings back memories" when I was in UPM. Where we used to go into the forest for amali and camping in the forest for 2 weeks. at that time, I hated the forest but truth to be told "tak kenal maka tak cinta" I fell in love immediately with the forest.

Other than that, being able to mingle around with others, I've got to know other people, from a painter to a well-knowledgable boat man. I was blessed, thank you :)

This is the whole Pulau Banding

This is where we stayed for 2 nights, Belum Rainforest Resort

This is the Research Centre

It is stated that Belum is not "The Land before Time", Belum got its name from; A grasshopper.
---
Thank you for the hospitality, thank you for the warmth welcome, thank you for the kindness, thank you for the care and thank you for EVERYTHING, kalau ada jodoh lagi, till we meet again, one fine day, InsyaAllah.. any takers?

Malaysia's rainforest has so much to offer, and I don't think even YOU have explored it, please do not destroy our forest, please~ :)

"Jika kita menyayangi makhluk di bumi (tak khusus kepada manusia sahaja), nescaya makhluk makhluk di langit juga akan menyayangi kita"

pictures credit to google

No comments: