Saturday, July 16, 2011

M41

"M 41"

"Sulit dan Persendirian"

"Buku Pink; Malaysia Kita"

I've never been to any of the M41 exams before in my entire life; believe it or not. Today marked the first time in my life entering the exam hall for the M41 post. Probably people my age has sat for the exams for 5 times, more or less. I've received many invitations for the exam before and for other posts, but I was at Australia at that time :(

I was pretty excited actually even though I'm not fully prepared for the exam today. I've heard so much about the exam, whenever people talked about it, I would keep quiet and listen on how they said it was pretty difficult, about the Pink Book, about chances of people passing the exams or even the interview and also about people just won't give up even though they failed the exams. Secretly I would go to the Book Fair and buy the Pink Book and prayed at least to experience sitting for the exam and today my wish came true :)

I was lucky I guess, because the venue for my exam was at Hall 7, PICC, Putrajaya. It was not crowded, the place was air conditioned and comfortable. Overall, I guess, after waiting for 3 years to sit for the exam, I would conclude that the exam was okay, and yes difficult and yet confusing.

It started at 9 a.m in the morning and it ended at 3.30 p.m in the afternoon. It has 5 sections; A, B, C, D and E.

Section A (60 questions) normally covers General Knowledge and EVERYTHING about Malaysia. Yeh, you can say that I was ashamed to be called Malaysian because I find this section very hard :P

Section B (40 questions) covers on Penyelesaian Masalah. It was pretty easy actually but most of the candidates including me said that we don't have enough time to answer all questions.

Section C (20 questions) covers Pemahaman. They will give you essays in Malay and English; all you need to do is to answer 20 questions based on those essays given.

Section D requires you to write an essay in Malay. they will give you 3 questions, and you can only choose 1 out of 3 and write an essay between 300-500 words.

Section E requires you to write an essay in English. They will then give you 3 questions, and you need to choose only 1 out of 3 and write an essay between 200-300 words.

Alhamdulillah I managed to experience sitting for the exam. Now I know pretty much what they've been talking about :) I really wanted to experience sitting for this exam because most probably I always imagine sitting for this exam has similarity with the olden chinese sit for public servant exam that they showed in television. The ones that get through the exams must be pretty good. oh! I just watch too much television :(

Whatever happens...happens. Wish me all the best  :)

Oh! I've met familiar faces, not only 1 but plenty. some Bangians and also UPMians :) I wish them all the best as well.  I wish all of them, All the Best. Some of them, really wanted to work in government sectors specifically PTD. God's will, insyaAllah :)

Oh! what they normally say "Berkhidmat Untuk Negara" :)

I love you Malaysia, I really do, sorry for not knowing enough bout Malaysia, will try harder next time :)


Luckily it did not happen today :P

No comments: