Monday, April 25, 2011

Junior MasterChef Australia

I'm not a couch potato kind of person. I don't really watch TV that much. this is because most of the time, my Mom would have the control of the TV and I'd rather download it and watch it at the computer.

But yesterday I watched the finale of the Junior MasterChef Australia season 1. I've been following on and off 'cause I'd rather not watch it while I'm starving or I might call Dominos for a large pizza. but yesterday was the finale and I'm so impressed with these kids all under the age of 13.  Yeh it is really about the love for the food, but the love for the food is one thing, the other thing is, you really need to have passion in cooking and the urge of wanting to cook and bake. oh creativity is the other, but it will come later, and in anything that you do, practice does make perfect! uh! I lovelovelove these kids and Isabella or they called her Izzy deserved the title of the 1st Junior MasterChef Australia EVER! but it was really a neck to neck competition between her and Jack.  I love when Jack said "Even though it is only a competition, we are friends now and after this, we are still going to be friends. awwww~

Izzy has a twin sister who is also in the competition, named Sofie. but she did not make it through the finale. and when she was asked by the judge what is the most memorable moment in this competition, and she'd say that seeing her sister, Izzy got through the finale was the most memorable moment in this competition. Awwww again~

They are really all good cooks. and I really wanted to be like them. at least if not a top chef at a restaurant, at least I could cook some really good food for my family at home. You reckon?

Today, my sister decided to make homemade roti canai. I remembered when arwah moyang was still alive, she'd teach us how to make one and karipap (my favourite) as well. making roti canai wans't that easy. I almost give up when I first attempted it but like I said, practice does make perfect! Well, it doesn't really that perfect but when you get the final product, and when everyone is enjoying eating it despite they were all very hungry, I know that, I won't starve my family to death and I could make something to eat, even though it wasn't really that healthy of a food, (tepung dan lots of minyak) but I know I could make something. and oh! if you are wondering, No, we do not tebar like the mamak, we find a big dulang and stretch it all over the dulang. It was really fun I tell you! :P

Roti Canai anyone?

Let's not stop there aites? Let's learn how to cook more yummy food. thanks to Mummy :)


If these kids can do! So can I! :P

No comments: